Validity Studies and Publications
VRP is based on the Hartman Value Profile (HVP), which has been validated and approved in numerous studies:
Studies and Publications
- J. Austin and B. Garwood. 1976. The relationship of the Hartman Value Profile (HVP), the Rokeach Value Survey (RVS), Allport-Vernon-Lindzey Study of Values (AVL) and Kohlberg’s theory of moral development (KMD): A series of axiometric studies, (Parts 1 and 2). Presented at the National Association of School Psychologists Convention. March 1977. Cincinnati.
- M.D. Biderman et al. 2012. Criterion-related validity of three personality questionnaires. University of Tennessee, Towson University and Vikus Corporation. Chattanooga.
- E. Bystam and D. Freund. 1977. A testing of the HVP’s test reliability. Unpublished thesis. Department of Psychology. University of Stockholm. Sweden.
- B. Elliott. 1969. Item homogeneity and factorial invariance for normative and ipsative responses to the Hartman value inventory. Unpublished doctoral dissertation. University of Tennessee.
- Hurst, C.G. (2009). A meaningful score: Hartman v. Rokeach. Journal of Formal Axiology: Theory and Practice, 2, 79-96.
- J. Mattsson. 1987. The value pattern of the Volvo automobile: testing an axiological method. Unpublished manuscript. Department of Business Administration. School of Economics and Legal Science. Goteborg, Sweden.
- Ch. McDonald and W. Panak. 1981. Construct Validity Study at Dollar Corporation.
- Ch. McDonald et al. 1987. Construct Validity Study. The Institute for the Study of Human Value and funded by a grant from the Dollar General Corporation.
- Ch. McDonald and B. Murphy. 1988. Validity study, with Vanderbilt psychometrician.
- Ch. McDonald. 1986-87. Studies on Sex Discrimination, Age Discrimination and Race Discrimination. US Equal Employment Opportunities Commission (EEOC).
- L. Pomeroy and J. Davis. 1981. Concurrent validity study of The Hartman Value Profile as it relates to the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI), Cattell 16PF, Personal Belief Inventory (PBI), Cornell Medical Index (CMI), and Auto Lethality Index (ALI).
- L. Pomeroy. 2005. The New Science of Axiological Psychology. Rodopi. Amsterdam.
- Robert K. Smith. 1990-92. Management Criterion Validity. In conjunction with Sara Lee Corporation.
- E. Schildt. 1983. Test-retest studies on an American college population. Unpublished raw data. Department of Philosophy.
- B.L. Weathington and D.P. Roberts. 2005. Validation Analysis of the Hartman Value Profile. University of Tennessee/BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee. Chattanooga.
- B.L. Weathington. 2007. Analysis of Group Difference on Overall Facets of the Hartman Value Profile (Standard Version – Byrum Method). University of Tennessee/BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee. Chattanooga.